Atlanta mayoral hopeful Mary Norwood has filed a request with the Fulton County Registrations and Elections office calling for a recount of the Dec.1 vote that presumably saw Kasim Reed elected mayor.
Norwood lost the election by only 715 votes and under state law, she had until 5 p.m. today to call for a recount.
“She wants to make sure that we follow the process. She wants to make sure her supporters and all of the voters were handled correctly,” said Norwood’s campaign manager Roman Levit.
The recount will begin at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Levit said Norwood would likely comment about the outcome Wednesday night.
“As soon as she is satisfied that all legitimate votes are counted, she will give the appropriate speech,” Levit said.
Also On Hot 107.9:
15 photos Launch gallery
1 of 15
2. T R A P S O U L, Euro Tour. tickets go on sale this Friday 9:00AM BST www.trapsoul.com
2 of 15
3 of 15
4. black ops madness continues.
4 of 15
5. xbox crew since youth LOOOL
5 of 15
6. throwback to when she hated water
6 of 15
7. miami bless.
7 of 15
8 of 15
9 of 15
10 of 15
11. @losangelesconfidential @tunjitunji @neildominique
11 of 15
12 of 15
13. she wanted me to sign her breasts LOL
13 of 15
14 of 15
15. London Nights. this is my jet-lagged & stoned at the same time face.
15 of 15