Kinda hard to believe that its been almost 20 YEARS since Usher dropped his first album! If you’re 18, you were barely getting your first glimpse of the world when Usher released his very first album, “Usher.” Today, Usher’s star continues to shine bright as he prepares for the release of his seventh studio album, “Looking 4 Myself.”
At 33 years old, Usher is more inspired than ever about his music, going as far to say that he feels that he is “near a rebirth.” I had the opportunity to interview Usher a couple of months ago and I remember his being so passionate about his new music that he even contemplating GIVING away some tracks for FREE! (although he may be having second thoughts about that now…LOL)
In an interview with Reuters, Usher spoke candidly about the musical direction of his new album. In reference to his previous albums, he admitted:
“I’ve felt restricted in a lot over the last several years and maybe it’s because I was holding myself back. Maybe I felt like I needed to conform to some specific standard. I got to the point where I said, ‘I gotta go with what I feel and hopefully people will follow me.’
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Usher Reflects On 18 Year Career And Tells Fans What To Expect On New Album
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.