Jevon Freeman, 25, was shot and killed on Wednesday in what police believe was a Craigslist sell gone wrong.
Two teens were arrested in connection with his death. Clayton County police charged 18-year-old Terrance Justin Dent with murder, aggravated assault, possession of a weapon used during the commission of a crime, tampering with evidence and furnishing a pistol to a minor. A 17-year-old boy was also charged with possession of a weapon by a minor.
Jevon was a former basketball player for Alabama State University and currently owned his own barbershop. Martha Freeman, the victim’s mother, said he used Craigslist to earn money in addition to what he made owning a barbershop.
“He used Craigslist a lot to sell different stuff that he had, and mainly it was just extra money to be able to support his family. He always promised me that he would never do it off in a secluded place, that he would always do it in a public view.”
Jevon Freeman’s funeral will be at the Hands of the Lord International Church in Decatur on Nov. 16 at 11am. The family is currently accepting donations via Paypal to Tynia_Jackson1717@yahoo.com and plans to hold a fundraiser tonight at Dugan’s On Memorial Drive.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Father of 2 Killed After Trying To Sell #IPhone On #Craigslist
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.