News broke today that Jennifer Lopez has landed a big role in an upcoming HBO films production, The Cocaine Godmother,in which she will play one of the most powerful cartel leaders ever, Griselda Blanco.
Lopez admitted she has long had a fascination with Blanco, who did her part to revolutionize the cocaine trade in the US during the 70’s and 80’s. “I’ve been fascinated by the life of this corrupt and complicated woman for many years,” Lopez said “The idea of teaming with HBO felt like the perfect fit for finally bringing Griselda’s story to life.”
While J. Lo definitely puts this project on the fast track, some don’t quite see her as right for the role and have taken to Twitter to express their confusion over the casting news:
The singer/actress will also be an executive producer through her production company Nuyorican Productions.
For HBO, this will mark the second project announced in recent weeks that will be anchored by a high-profile female star, as Oprah Winfrey is set to star in the television adaptation of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.
Looks like HBO knows what they’re doing, we can’t wait to see both of these productions hit the screen.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Jennifer Lopez Will Play A Drug Lord In ‘Cocaine Cowboys’ Adaptation
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.