Since retiring from the NBA back in April, Kobe Bryanthas kept things pretty low-key, but recently caught up with TWC Sports to talk about what he’s been up to and how he plans to help the Lakers going forward.
First off, fans will immediately notice that since Bryant hung up his jersey for the last time, he’s decided to grow a beard. “I feel good just to be able to grow some kind of hair since I can’t grow none on my head anymore. I can grow some on my face … I just call it the retired caveman look,” the 37-year-old said.
Despite being retired and growing a beard, Bryant’s not leaving the game completely. He’s even been texting some members on Team USA’s Olympic basketball team like Kyrie Irving and Harrison Barnes. He’s got faith in his squad that they’ll bring home the gold, despite the close games the team’s been having.
As for the Lakers? Bryant is still down to help out anyway he can:
“I would love to come by. I’ve spoken with Luke [Walton] several times, [Brian] Shaw as well. I let the players know that I’m always around, man. I’m always around. If they wanna come out, and work out, wake up early in the morning to work out, walk them through some things.”
A veteran like Bryant in the locker room, who’s filled with knowledge and wisdom, is always great to have around.
Watch the rest of the basketball great’s latest interview up top.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Kobe Bryant Talks About His New Beard & Still Wanting To Be Involved In The Lakers
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.