If you love funny man Mike Epps and are anxious to see rapper T.I. back on the big screen, get ready because the two are set to team up for a film that is sure to keep you laughing until it hurts. To ensure that the project is top-notch, Queen Latifah is also jumping on board to produce.
Mike Epps, T.I. and Queen Latifah have found the perfect project for them to work together, and it’s in the form of a buddy comedy titled The Trap. With the two male stars as the leads and the Queen handling the producing, this could be the start of a hilarious and profitable partnership.
Industry insider The Hollywood Reporter has all of the exclusive details about The Trap, its stars and when the project expects to begin shooting.
Via The Hollywood Reporter:
Mike Epps and Tip “T.I.” Harris are teaming up to star in “The Trap,” an indie comedy to be directed by Chris Robinson.
Queen Latifah and her Flavor Unit Entertainment partner Shakim Compere are producing with Epps and his partner at Naptown Productions, Niles Kirchner. Harris will produce under his Grand Hustle Films banner with his partner, Brian Sher. Robinson is also producing. The project is based on a story that Epps concocted with Nile Evans, with Evans writing the script.
“Trap” tells of a man (T.I.) who returns home to Atlanta after an extended absence to help save his brother (Epps) and mother’s run-down restaurant. An unexpected change to the chicken recipe breathes new life into the restaurant but also brings unexpected problems. The film will hopefully begin shooting this fall.
This could be pretty funny if everything comes together. It’s also nice to see Mike Epps bounce back so quickly after his series Uncle Buck was cancelled after just one season this past summer.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Mike Epps And T.I. Team Up For Comedy Produced By Queen Latifah
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.