Ex-NFL star Darren Sharperhas been sentenced to 18 years in prison for drugging and raping as many as 16 women in four different states.
According to ESPN, on Thursday a U.S. District Judge Jane Triche Milazzo handed down a harsher sentenced to Sharper saying that she couldn’t understand how he did what he did because he was college educated and grew up “in one of the most loving households” (As if rapists cannot come from those demographics).
“We can never ignore the damage you inflicted on those women and society at large,” she told him and the court.
“I would like to apologize a thousand times. I’m still trying to figure out why I made some of these choices. … I lived my life right for 38 years, then I took this path,” Sharper said addressing the court wearing an orange jumpsuit.
As HELLO BEAUTIFUL previously reported, Sharper’s recent sentence comes 6 months after Judge Milazzo rejected a prior plea deal that would have only sent the former NOLA Saints safety to prison for a mere 8 years. This current sentence falls within her approved range of 15 1/2 to 20 years.
Darren Sharper getting only 18 years behind bars for at least 16 rapes is DISGUSTING. He should be locked up for life.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Ex-NFL Star Darren Sharper Given 18 Years For Drugging And Raping Women
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.