It’s been awhile since Allen Iverson and Jadakiss have had a chance to hang out. After all, they filmed this legendary Reebok commercial over a decade ago and plenty as changed for for the retired basketball star.
While Jadakiss has layed low and remained one of the most respected rappers in the game, Iverson had a rough few years in the NBA before going to play (and dominating) in China.
The two OGs were at Mitchell & Ness’ Block Party in Philly and reminisced on their Reebok days and the shine they both brought to their respects fields. While Jadakiss sat with A.I., he took the time to ask him which are his favorite rappers and basketball players of all time. While some of Iverson’s answers are expected, there are a few arguable legends he left off and a few newbies he included.
Watch the video or read the exchange below:
“J: I was just curious, who’s your top five basketball players?
A: Mike, Shaq … Kobe, LeBron … damn, it can be a lot of dudes … damn!
J: Who you feeling today?
A: Steph, Westbrook, Kyrie, Durant, Melo. The list goes on and on.
J: Who’s your top five artists?
A: [Jadakiss], Big, Redman, Pac … uh … damn, I gotta leave out Nas, Jay Z …3000, Tip — I like Tip — I like Jeezy … damn … Em. Man, that list can go on for days!”
Throughout the interview Jada also asks Iverson about his pioneering of the NBA culture with the induction of tattoos and braids.
Those old Reebok commercials that featured Iverson and ‘Kiss were legendary:
SOURCE: Missinfo | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: YouTube
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Allen Iverson Names His Favorite Rappers & Basketball Players Of All Time
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.