Ever since she was casted as Cookie Lyon on the smash-hit FOX series Empire, Taraji P. Henson’s career has been on fire like never before. Aside from landing back-to-back Emmy nominations for her portrayal as the no-nonsense ex-com matriarch of the Lyon clan, she recently earned a Golden Globe award for the fan-favorite role. Now, Empire’s huge success has nabbed Taraji an exclusive collaboration with MAC Cosmetics that is sure to have all of you beauty mavens swooning.
MAC Cosmetics has collaborated with some of the biggest stars in the industry, so it’s only natural that Taraji P. Henson would be next on their list, as she not only stars on TV’s hottest show, but her beauty is undeniable.
Fashionista.com has all of the details surrounding the Taraji x MAC collaboration news, including an official release date.
“Taraji P. Henson has won the world over with her fearless performances, powerhouse confidence and charismatic spark. We’re thrilled to announce she is joining forces with MAC for an upcoming collaboration,” said a press release from the brand to announce the partnership. The collection, which launches next month, will include six products. And whether you’re a fan of Henson’s show “Empire” or just of her flawless skin (like, how is that even real?) you’re going to be super into this collection.
One stand-out product will no doubt be the lipstick, a shade called “Strip Me Down,” which the brand describes as a “deep tone beige” with a matte finish. Swoon. The collection also includes a mascara, liquid eyeliner, brush and two pressed powders for highlighting and contouring.
The full Taraji x MAC collection will be available online starting September 6 and in select MAC stores September 8.
Check out a sneak peek of the collection below:
MAC x Taraji Lipstick in Strip Me Down, $17.
MAC x Taraji Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash in Black, $23.
MAC x Taraji Mineralize Skinfinish in Highlight The Truth, $33.
MAC x Taraji Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Taraji Glow, $33.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Taraji P. Henson To Launch Collection With MAC Cosmetics This September
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.