Just days after Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump declared that his opponent former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was a “bigot who only sees people of color as votes,” the reality star showed with one Tweet that he actually only sees African-Americans as votes.
Early Saturday morning after hearing news that the cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade was shot and killed walking her baby in a stroller on the South Side of Chicago, instead of Trump sending his condolences, he used the tragic killing of Nykea Aldridge to bolster his own campaign. In a now-deleted Tweet where he misspelled Wade’s first name wrong, he wrote, “Dwayne Wade’s cousin was just and shot and killed waking her baby in Chicago. Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!”
(Hours later, he rewrote the Tweet to spell Wade’s name correctly.)
Dwyane Wade's cousin was just shot and killed walking her baby in Chicago. Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!
Sigh…If the Trump campaign is ever at a loss as to why their candidate has the lowest Black support a Republican Presidential candidate has seen in years, they should always refer back to this tasteless and tone-deaf incident.
The Wade family is in shock and grieving and here comes Trump using this tragedy to convince African-Americans that he cares about us and can “fix” our lives. But be clear: If it’s not in a politician’s first instinct to see us as human beings, honor our lives when they are cut too short and recognize the pain of losing a loved one, once in office, their treatment of us and policies that will affect us will only reflect that same trifling mentality.
Obviously, this malarkey was met with much criticism and shock as people wondered how someone could be this insensitive and opportunistic.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Finish Him! Twitter Demolishes Donald Trump For Insensitive Tweet About The Death Of Dwyane Wade’s Cousin
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.