“I want people to reach for their dreams. If you’re willing to put in a lot of work, and if you’re focused and determined, you can go really far. There [are] so many people who have inspired me with their love and encouragement along the way — and I want to pass on that inspiration to readers,” Biles said in the publisher’s release.
“I feel honored to work with Zondervan. They publish so many great stories that inspire readers to live their lives with purpose,” she added.
Source: Alex Livesey / Getty
On Ellen, the 4 feet, 9 inch gymnast explained the concept even further, saying that it’s “my life story and it’s coming from me so that people don’t read something on the internet and they’re a little bit unsure of it. So it’s about my life, a little bit about my family, and then how I got to where I am.”
Last month during the 2016 Rio Summer Games, the pint-sized Texan native was a global breakout star taking home five medals — four gold and one bronze — becoming the first female American gymnast to do so since Nastia Liukin in 2008, the LA Times noted. She was also the U.S.’s flag bearer at the Games’ closing ceremony.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”