A56-year-old Black Pompano Beach, Florida man was fatally shot and killed on Friday evening in a police involved shooting that occurred in the victim’s backyard, The New Times Broward Palm-Beach reports.
Gregory Frazier, the identified victim, was shot multiple times by three White officers who responded to the scene after Frazier’s sister Deborah called the police to his home. Deborah claims Frazier and her daughter were arguing. When police arrived, the argument was over and Frazier was in the backyard eating a plate of fries and chicken wings.
Police say Frazier was holding a knife, but Deborah says it was a Swiss Army knife that he carried on a daily basis.
Frazier’s nephew, Quartaze Woodard, was also at the scene and told the New Times that officers arrived and ordered Frazier to get down on the ground. Frazier responded, “Leave me alone.” After a second order with the same response, Woodard said officers opened fire. Frazier was then handcuffed while he lay on the ground.
Once officers realized that Frazier was non-responsive, they attempted to revive him with CPR. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has not confirmed the number of shots fired.
Frazier’s sister Deborah expressed extreme grief and regret for calling the authorities. “I never would have called the cops if I’d known this was going to happen,” she said. “They just came in and started shooting right away.”
The New-Times reports the officers were placed on administrative leave while the BSO opens an internal investigation, but Sarahca Peterson, a local activist and friend of the Frazier family, says that is not enough. Peterson wants the officers in Pompano Beach to better reflect the community in which they serve. “There has to be change. They need to face criminal charges,” she said. “If I kill someone, I’m going to jail. They shouldn’t be out there on the streets.”
SOURCE: New Times Broward Palm-Beach, PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
NEWS ROUNDUP: Trump Hosted Fundraiser For Florida Attorney General After She Dropped Investigation Against Him…AND MORE
Longtime Friends Launch Mobile Showering Service In Palm Beach County, Florida
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12