Just when you though the long-standing beef/feud/drama/pettiness between Brandy and Monica had come to an end, today another installment in the saga emerged. Coming on the heels of Monica’s appearance on the season premiere of The Real where she spoke of how she felt about Brandy response to not joining the #SoGoneChallenge of her 2003 hit song, Brandy released her own response today that is heavy on the subliminals, but definitely manages to get her point across.
When Monica proclaimed that she was “unbothered” by Brandy’s remark of “chile bye” in response to a fan’s question about whether or not she would engage in the #SoGoneChallenge that showcased the timeless appeal of Monica’s 2003 hit, many assumed the issue was dead. Well Brandy, never one to let comments at her expense go by unnoticed, took to her Snapchat to let fans know how she felt about it.
In the series of Snapchat videos, Brandy can be heard saying that she responds to being attacked by being positive and that even though people are shady and say shady things, she takes the high road.
You can check out the full VIDEO of Brandy’s response below:
Unfortunately, something tells me that this is far from over, as both ladies have maintained a strained frenemy relationship for almost 20 years now. Perhaps they can just wish each other well…from a distance.
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
‘Makeup and Breakup’: New Web Series Explores The Ups & Downs Of Relationships
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12