Not even McDonald’s beef can be preserved for this long. Yes, Brandy’s still mad at Monica and it doesn’t seem to be over a boy. The R&B divas’ infamous 90’s feud was recently rehashed when an Instagram commenter asked Brandy if she would be participating in the #SoGoneChallenge.
Brandy replied, “Chile Bye,” which many commenters felt was shade, but Monica didn’t seem to take it to heart.
When asked on The Real about Brandy’s comment, Monica took the highroad by fondly reminiscing of the days when her, Brandy and Aaliyah were the princesses of R&B:
“I’m not bothered at all… I think that was just a test from God for me, and I’ve always thought that she was one of the most legendary people, and has one of the most amazing voices… Some of it’s been blown out of proportion to a degree… It was just a test for me to always just take the high road… We are from a special elite group. It was her, Aaliyah and myself. It was a very special time… The truth of the matter is the only Grammy we have is together.”
But Brandy clearly isn’t buying Monica’s peaceful front. Brandy replied on Snapchat Thursday with two videos that seem to be aimed at her former collaborator.
It’s hard to tell exactly what Brandy’s singing in the videos (or what she’s been sipping), but she seems to be mocking Monica’s PC appearance on The Real.
“I have to stay positive, I can’t say what I really feel,” Brandy said in her best Monica impression, hinting that her rival’s positive words weren’t genuine. Brandy continued, “I just know that my calling is higher… I’m gonna choose to inspire.”
Brandy closed by saying: “Be the change you wish to see in the world… Don’t be a shady —–.”
Hell since I can't get no decent rap beef to speak of thank you Brandy & Monica for making me feel like I'm in the 90s again… 😂😂😂
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Watch: Brandy Posts Bizarre Snapchat Video Shading Monica To Death
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.