Hate to drudge up old gossip, but this occasion warrants it.
Not too long ago, 2013 to be specific, Teyana Taylor and Rihanna were going at it like high school girls on social media. The catalyst for the internet beef was a video mocking one of Teyana’s many cover videos, this time doing Anita Baker’s “Caught Up in the Rapture”.
Homegirl can sing, but her own music has always been sparse.
Nonetheless, the Bajan beauty posted a video of her male stylist, Yusef Williams, dressed in drag imitating Teyana’s rendition for kicks and giggles. But Teyana was offended. And what went down next was a series of tweets attacking each other.
Source: Patricia Schlein/Star Max / Getty
“Petty is Petty and shade is shade,” the G.O.O.D. music artist tweeted. “B***h knew what the f**k she was doing.” Adding, “Ya net worth & ya body count go neck to neck. #IndustryPu**y.”
Rihanna, in an attempt to diffuse the situation, said, “I hate broke b**ches.” Later tweeting and deleting “I REFUSE to help your career.” And, “You will NOT get an @ from me! Not til you pay me! #nomorefreepromo #iRefuse.”
But Teyana didn’t take lightly to the comment. “F**k hashtags and retweets ni**a, 140 characters in these streets ni**a. -HOV”
Well, time must be the ultimate healer because Rihanna recently sent Teyana two pairs of her new Puma boots. “Thanks for the dope ass gift Ri, I love them!! Gimme kiss!,” Teyana, now a mother-of-one, said.
We’re not sure at what point these two made up, but we’re happy it happened. There’s way too much intersectionality in the biz to beef with a peer.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Rihanna And Teyana Taylor Made Up And We Totally Missed It
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.