With Democratic presidential Hillary Clinton’s once comfortable lead narrowing in election day polls, her most prominent supporters are rallying voters.
One of them is President Barack Obama. While addressing the Congressional Black Caucus gala on Saturday night, he urged African-Americans to cast their ballots on Election Day for Clinton because history shows that it matters who sits in the Oval Office, CNN reports:
“I will consider it a personal insult—and insult to my legacy—if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote,” he said.
Obama’s comments came just one day after Donald Trump finally acknowledged that the president was born in the U.S., ending several years of fueling baseless conspiracy theories. Notably, though, Trump failed to apologize to the president.
After flirting with White supremacists for months, the GOP candidate has made bizarre attempts to attract Black voters, telling African-Americans that their lives are so awful that they have nothing to lose by voting for him.
The president rebuked Trump’s claim that life for Black people is worse today than it has been in the past:
“I mean, he missed that whole civics lesson about slavery or Jim Crow. But we’ve got a museum for him to visit, so he can tune in. We will educate him,” Obama said, commenting on Trump’s ignorance about the progress Blacks have made.
NBC News said the event was also “a symbolic passing of the torch” from Obama to Clinton, his former secretary of state.
In her remarks to the audience, Clinton highlighted the dangers of a Trump victory. She also praised Obama and urged Black leaders to defend his legacy.
SOURCE: CNN, NBC News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Trump’s Cool Reception At Flint Black Church Underscores Uphill Election Day Battle
Hillary Clinton’s Lead Over Donald Trump Is Shrinking, Do Dems Realize They Need Black Voters?
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12