Back in July, the fatal shooting of Philando Castile during a traffic stop not only left many heartbroken and devastated, but it also left a wealth of unanswered questions as to what exactly happened to him based on the police officer’s explanation. Luckily the state of Minnesota feels as though they have enough evidence to go forward with the murder case, specifically with charges against the police officer who fired the fatal shot.
The Huffington Post has the details about the latest development in the Philando Castile murder investigation, including a thorough probe by Minnesota prosecutors who are currently deciding which charges will be filed against Officer Jeronimo Yanez, who was responsible for Castile’s death.
Via Huffington Post:
Minnesota on Wednesday handed over to prosecutors a probe into the fatal police shooting of a black motorist, officials said, as the county attorney weighed possible charges in a case that gained widespread attention through social media.
The state’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, a division of Minnesota’s public safety department, gave its findings into Castile’s death to the Ramsey County Attorney on Wednesday. The information is not public because of the ongoing investigation.
Ramsey County Attorney John Choi said in a statement that his office would conduct a review of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension’s investigation “to determine what justice requires in this case.” Choi said in a public letter earlier this month that he was weighing possible charges against Officer Jeronimo Yanez, who killed Castile.
Since Castile’s death, Yanez has been on administrative leave, which is likely to continue if/when the case goes to trial. This is just the beginning of this murder investigation and though we have gotten our hopes up before in terms of justice in these types of cases, let’s hope this one has a favorable outcome.
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
AM BUZZ: Jesse Williams’ Powerful Voting PSA, Cookie Teases Lucious With Taye Diggs & More
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12