Flying, in general, can be stressful. Packing, running to the airport, check-in, security— all of it requires a calm mind, body and spirit. Especially when dealing with trifling airline companies.
Kandi Burruss knows all about this, as the singer was attempting to travel to from Honolulu to Maui with her husband and friends, when she was suddenly kicked off the Hawaiian Airlines flight. Their reasoning: “causing commotion”.
“#HawaiianAirlines just kicked us off for no reason,” she captions her Instagram video with. “This was so crazy & random! We were sitting in our seat & the gate ticketer came on & asked to see my ticket because it wasn’t showing up in their system. I gave him my ticket but it had our baggage claim checks on the back. He never brought it back & the plane started rolling off. I asked the flight attendant where was my ticket & told him I needed the baggage claim ticket just in case my bags didn’t make the flight.”
Adding, “The flight attendant left & came back & said the pilot was calling to check & then the next thing I know this lady comes on the plane & said she needed Todd & I to get off the plane because we caused some sort of commotion… Really???? I barely said a word to that flight attendant. Everybody sitting around us was like what are they talking about! This shit is crazy.”
In response, Hawaiian Airlines attempted to explain their reasoning.
As reported by TMZ: Hawaiian Airlines spokeswoman Alison Croyle tells TMZ … Kandi and co. were not kicked off, and the unfortunate episode was partially their fault. Croyle says shortly after Kandi and Todd boarded flight 526, the computer revealed an issue with their boarding passes … so, an employee asked to check their boarding passes. Everything was fine, but the employee forgot to return their passes and baggage claim tickets. As the plane was taxiing, flight attendants reassured the couple they wouldn’t have a problem claiming their luggage — but the airline says they got “irate.”
Eventually, Burruss, her husband and their friends got another flight 45 minutes later. But let’s all take note: Putting airlines on blast via social media is sometimes necessary to get half-decent service.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Kandi Burruss Was Kicked Off A Hawaiian Airlines Flight
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.