Just chill, bro. If you’ve finally finished a big project with your coworkers, or are stuck on a work-related task, it’s time for a break. Sometimes you need a few minutes to yourself before trying to grind out the rest of the work you have planned for the afternoon.
Here are five ways to clear your mind on your lunch break:
You don’t have to be barefoot and sit with your legs crossed in order to meditate. By definition, meditation means to spend time in quiet thought for the sole purpose of relaxation. It’s all about remaining grounded and being aware of your thoughts.
Compartmentalizing always helps. When you’re stressed out, making a to-do list should help ease the pressure because you can cross things off as you do them, or you might even realize there isn’t as much work as you thought. Also, you no longer have to remember all the tasks you must finish before the day’s done, and you’re more likely to get it all finished. Lists are like containers for the mind — everything suddenly becomes uncluttered.
Take A Texting Break
Hit up some squad members to take your mind off of the day’s stresses. Found a few good memes you know everyone else in the group thread will find hysterical? Share them. Or, you can just hit up bae to see how his or her day is going. Maybe make some plans to meet up after work. That way, you have something to look forward to.
All of those funny articles you’ve been bookmarking over the past few weeks? Here’s a chance to read a few of them. Not only will it be a break for your brain, you might get some inspiration as well.
A break may be the perfect time to send some tweets. Scrolling through your timeline to see what people are talking about is a quick and simple way to refocus. With 15 minutes to spare, you can quickly check everything you’ve missed the last few hours … with enough time left over for your own 140 character jokes.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading 5 Ways To Clear Your Mind On Your Lunch Break
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.