The dust has settled. And while people are still pissed at Kevin Durant for joining the Golden State Warriors, they’re starting to get use to seeing him alongside the Splash Brothers.
But just a few short months ago Durant was still the savior of the Oklahoma City Thunder, and he’s finally admitted that he’s glad that the Warriors blew that 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.
Durant, Andre Iguodala, Warriors general manager Bob Myers, and Warriors owner Joe Lacob accepted a 2016 ENCORE award at the Stanford Graduate School of Business on Monday night on behalf of the organization. And during the event Durant was asked if he still would have joined the Warriors if they would have beaten the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“[My agent] Rich [Kleiman], who’s here, we were watching Game 7,” KD said, according to The Mercury News. “Well, as it started to unfold, it was, ‘No question, no way could you go to this team.’ And I was just like a kid, like, ‘I’d really like playing with these guys. I’d get wide-open 3s, I could just run up and down the court, get wide-open layups.’ I was basically begging him. I was like, ‘Yo, this would be nice.’ As they lost, it became more and more real every day. You start to think about it even more. To see if it would fit. Then once I sat down with these guys, everything that I wanted to know about them, they kinda showed me. But we don’t have to talk about [what would have happened if the Warriors had won the title], because they didn’t get the job done, and they came after me. I guess you could say I’m glad that they lost.”
With really saying it, he hinted that things would’ve been different if the Warriors won. Whether that means he would have stayed in Oklahoma or joined another established team, we’ll never know.
We do know that with the newly-formed super team Golden Warriors, the Cavaliers, and plenty of other refreshed squads its sure to be an interesting NBA season.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Kevin Durant Admits He’s Glad The Warriors Lost The 2016 NBA Finals
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.