Julia Martin had everything going for her, before she dated and broke up with her ex-boyfriend, Rodney Harvey. The 28-year-old died of multiple stab wounds on October 7 after police say her ex-fiance ambushed her at her home in Chicago. Julia’s father, Derrick Martin, says that his daughter told him the week before that she planned on ending things with Harvey and give his ring back.
Derrick recalled, “She never went into that much detail about how bad it was, she was just telling me that they had broke it off and that she was planning on giving the ring back.” According to reports, when she broke up with Harvey and he came to collect the engagement ring, he not only stabbed her to death, but also jumped from her apartment and committed suicide.
A severely wounded Julia called 911, asking to send an ambulance and told the dispatcher the name of the person who attacked her, just before making a call to her dad. Derrick told the Chicago Tribune that Julia was calling and texting him and other loved ones begging for help. He revealed, “She called another friend and she was panting over the phone trying to get her breath. He thought it was a prank and he hung up on her.”
Julia then sent her dad a text message saying,’Call me ASAP,’ but he didn’t see it until his daughter was dead. Julia and Rodney Harvey were rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and pronounced dead shortly after. Martin’s death was ruled a homicide while Harvey’s death was deemed a suicide. Harvey’s mother, Lynda Crawford Harvey, launched a GoFundMe campaign asking for donations to help cover her son’s final expenses.
In just a few days, the fundraiser has drawn $6,250 in donations, surpassing its initial goal of $4,000. Ironically enough, there was no mention of Julia Martin, and Mrs. Harvey wrote that her son “died unexpectedly.”
Source: Daily Mail |PHOTOCREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12