With 90s nostalgia in full effect these days in everything from fashion and movies to TV, it should come as little surprise that fans are craving to see some of casts of their favorite shows reunite. Apparently Tamera Mowry-Housley got the memo because she just revealed some news that is sure to have fans of her and her sister’s 90s sitcom Sister, Sister absolutely beaming with happiness.
Source: Chelsea Lauren / Getty
If you grew up in the 90s chances are you loved Sister, Sister just as much as we did here at HB. Even if you experienced the show later through reruns, you likely couldn’t resist the lovable family comedy starring Mowry-Housley and her twin sister Tia Mowry-Hardrict. Well Tamera just teased some news about the show that could possibly give fans the reunion they’ve been waiting for since the show went off the air in 1999. She recently spoke with Hollywood Life about a future reunion and also offered up a little behind-the scenes info about the show.
Via Hollywood Life:
HollywoodLife.com exclusively caught up with Tamera Mowry, 38, and of course, we had to ask her if there would ever be a “Sister, Sister” reunion. “We kind of have the idea. It’s really cool. The entire cast is down for it,” she told us! “We’re looking for a studio, then it will be 100 percent. But, we are in the process of making it happen.
After she belted out a line from the “Sister, Sister” theme song, she said, “You know, Tia and I sang it, not a lot of people know that.” Can she be any more talented? The hit show had a beyond successful run from 1994-1999, and as popular as it was, Tamera admitted to us, “You know what’s funny — I never watched “Sister, Sister” when we were doing it because we were going to school at the same time.”
While we know both Tia and Tamera have busy schedules with a host of other projects on their plates, it’s nice to see them open to making time for the show that catapulted them to stardom. There is no word yet on when the reunion will happen, but we will keep you posted beauties!
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Tamera Mowry-Housley Teases Possibility Of “Sister, Sister” Reunion
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.