It’s been a good ten years since Toya Wright and Lil Wayne called it quits on their marriage, but we’ve always thought a little something-something lingered between these two.
Well, as usual, we were right. Toya finally spilled the details in her new memoir In My Own Words … My Real Reality, and she came through with the receipts. Toya shared a series of text messages she got from Weezy over the years, and they literally sound like something out of The Notebook:
“I want [you] to know that no matter what woman or relationship I involve myself with, I look for [you] or a piece of [you] inside that woman,” Lil Wayne, 34, reportedly writes, adding that he will always consider her his true love.“My definition of a perfect woman is [you],” he also wrote. “Perfect mother, friend, and love. [You’re] perfect. Sweet but sexy, crazy but cool, mean but modest and if no one knows [you], I do.”
He doesn’t stop there, either. In another text, Wayne told Toya that he still holds on to hope that the two of them, along with their daughter Reginae Carter, will be a family again.
“The problem is when I think about a perfect future with someone I envision [you] in the house and Nae in her room and me at work….perfect,” Lil Wayne allegedly confessed.
He continued, “I know I’m too wild for you and it may seem as if I don’t take love or relationships seriously, but believe me when I say I’d gladly straighten up and fly right for you [cause] I know you’d accept nothing less,” Lil Wayne admits. “Given the respect I have for you and that lil’ girl, it would be nothing for me to do and be not what [you] want but what [you] need.”
As for why she decided to include the juicy transcripts in her book, Toya says. “This is my truth, my life, my reality. People always ask me about my relationship with Wayne and I just decided to open up and share it.”
As far as we can tell, they’re both single now, so what are they waiting for?
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Toya Wright Finally Comes Clean About Her Relationship With Lil Wayne
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.