It’s been a very rough few months for Toni Braxton. Yesterday, a rep for the singer tweeted from Braxton’s account that she has been hospitalized again for complications from lupus, and had to cancel at least one show from her ‘The Hits’ mini-tour.
Toni Braxton was hospitalized this afternoon in Cleveland due to complications with her Lupus. Unfortunately her show tonight in Cleveland
The announcement came just after Toni performed in Kansas City on Friday evening, where her boyfriend Birdman made a special appearance to close the show.
Braxton revealed her battle with the inflammatory immune disease in 2010, and said performing was one of the hardest things to do. “That’s the toughest part, when I have to perform,” she explained back in 2015. “So often, when it’s like that, it’s a lot of, ‘You sing!’ to the audience, you know. They kind of help me out a little bit without realizing it.”
She added, “Even if I can’t perform, I still figure it out. Sometimes I look back [at] that evening [and] I go, ‘How did I get through that?’”
Hope to see Toni back to health and on that stage soon.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Prayers Up: Toni Braxton Is Back In The Hospital
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.