., a 12-year old from the city of Perm, Russia, has died after climbing over a ledge on the 17th floor of an apartment building ‘to take a cool selfie.’
The young girl reportedly sent a photograph to her friend from the dangerous position a moment before she fell to her death. Just before the tragic accident, Oksana told her mother she was going for a walk, but instead she went up to the seventeenth floor of her block of flats where she took the selfie standing on the other side of the rooftop balcony.
According to reports, Oksana’s friend tried to call her upon receiving the selfie after noticing that the picture seemed to be particularly dangerous. When Oksana didn’t pick up, the friend sent the photo to her mom, but by then it was too late. Passer-byers had already spotted the 12-year old’s body on the ground of the building and contacted police, who then informed her mother.
Oksana’s uncle said of his late niece, “She was such a friendly girl. She was a good pupil, she had no problems at school. She took dance classes and English classes. She had so much to live for and now she has lost her life to the craze of looking to do extreme selfies for social media. There can be no other reason why she climbed over the damned handrail.”
Officials believe that Oksana B. lost her balance while sitting on the handrail and fell.
Source: Daily Mail |PHOTOCREDIT: Facebook, Getty
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12