A Chicago man who attacked a bus driver and a passenger with a bag of frozen chicken has been arrested and charged with assault. Yes, you read that correctly.
According to CNN, last Wednesday, Caleb Russell, 27, got violent on a Chicago Transit Authority bus when a fellow female passenger rebuffed his advances. #MasculinitySoFragile
Police said that when the driver stopped the bus to help the woman, Russell swung the bag at the 53-year-old driver, hitting him in the face and kicking his body, breaking the driver’s nose and jaw and knocking out one of his teeth. The woman, 48, who didn’t want to be identified, told CNN she was not seriously injured.
Police arrested Russell and brought him to a nearby hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
Russell is no stranger to bizarre incidents on the bus, DNA Info pointed out. In 2014, he was sentenced to two years in prison for making a false bomb threat on a CTA bus claiming he was a “jihad against the white devil.”
On Friday, his bail was set in a Cook County court for $100,000.
Morning Minute: Video Shows Black Man Being Arrested For Apparently Walking In Street
UPDATE: Three Charged in Fatal Shooting of Olympic Sprinter Tyson Gay’s Teen Daughter
Detroit Woman Stabbed To Death During Attempt To Return Engagement Ring To Ex
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12