The last few months for basketball star Derrick Rose have not been easy to say the least, which is largely due to the rape case that he found himself in the middle of. Being accused of raping someone is horrific enough, but the case took a very strange turn when the lead investigator on the case was found dead in her home, the apparent victim of a suicide. Now it appears as though the case has come to an end because it was just announced that Rose has been cleared of all charges in the case.
Source: ChinaFotoPress / Getty
Derrick Rose and two of his friends were accused of gang raping a woman, but today they were officially cleared of all charges. However the good news for Rose was also marred by criticism that after the verdict was announced the jurors were asking to take photos with Rose and smiling, while it’s also reported that the judge was cracking jokes. These allegations are leading many to believe that Rose was cleared of the charges due to his celebrity status. TMZ has further details about what went down today in court.
Derrick Rose has WON his rape case — a jury has found the NBA superstar did NOT commit sexual battery against a woman in 2013 … and will not be liable for damages.
The verdict was just announced in federal court in L.A. — where Rose and 2 friends have been on trial for the past couple of weeks for allegedly gang raping a woman. Rose and his 2 friends were found not liable on all 3 claims — trespassing, sexual battery and battery.
As the verdict was read, the accuser and her legal team appeared somber — she had her head down as if she was praying. After each account, Rose’s legal team smiled and shook the hands of Derrick and his co-defendants.
At press time, there has been no official statement from Derrick Rose discussing the outcome of the trial, but it should be expected in the coming days.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Derrick Rose Cleared Of All Charges In Rape Case
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.