During the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” reunion special, NeNe Leakes challenged her frenemy Kenya Moore to write a $20,000 check to the charity of her choice. In efforts to squash a past beef, NeNe suggested they both make a sizable donation of $20,000. Well, both ladies agreed to the pledge while the cameras were rolling, but the selected Detroit charity has yet to see the money.
According to Radar Online, the Detroit Public Schools Foundation said they have yet to received the generous $40,000 donation. “We are aware of the segment that references the potential contribution to the DPS Foundation, however we have not received any official notification of a gift,” president Glenda Price said.
“We are gratified that we are seen as an important entity in the support of public education in Detroit, and we will give due recognition to the donors when monies are received,” she added.
If you missed the “RHOA” reunion segment, here’s how the agreement went down:
“Let’s put our differences aside for a day of charity. You pick the charity of your choice. I will donate $20,000 and you match me,” NeNe told Kenya. “You donate 20 along with me. How about that? 20K. You ready? Name the charity, and let’s go.”
“Okay, well, we’ll play for the Detroit Public Schools Foundation,” the former beauty queen replied.
“I will write a $20,000 check, and I’d like to see you match me. We’ll write it together,” Nene said.
“All right,” Kenya agreed.
We don’t know if Ms. Gone With The Wind Fabulous was serious or not, but looks like the DPS Foundation is calling her bluff!
Check Out This Gallery
CUTE: Beyonce & Jay-Z Share Kiss On Stage At Chime For Change Charity Concert
1. Beyonce & Jay-Z Perform At Chime For Change Charity ConcertSource: 1 of 6
2. Beyonce & Jay-Z Perform At Chime For Change Charity ConcertSource: 2 of 6
3. Beyonce & Jay-Z Perform At Chime For Change Charity ConcertSource: 3 of 6
4. Beyonce & Jay-Z Perform At Chime For Change Charity ConcertSource: 4 of 6
5. Beyonce & Jay-Z Perform At Chime For Change Charity ConcertSource: 5 of 6
6. Beyonce & Jay-Z Perform At Chime For Change Charity ConcertSource: 6 of 6
All Talk? Detroit Charity Is Asking NeNe & Kenya Where’s The $20K They Promised was originally published on hellobeautiful.com