HotSpot ATL Featured Video

UPDATE: 11:18 a.m. EST

According to the latest reports, there is only one suspect in the shooting that targeted Dallas police this morning. Furthermore, the shooter –  James Boulware – may no longer be a threat, as he is believed to be dead after a police sniper shot at him.

DallasNews reports:

The suspect in an attack on Dallas police headquarters is believed to be dead after a police sniper shot at him early Saturday.

So far, though, authorities had not been able to approach the vehicle safely to confirm that he had been killed. They were working to make their way into the vehicle with the assistance of a robot, and they alerted the public that some planned detonations might be heard as they tried to gain entry.

Police had spent hours trying to negotiate with the man in the armored vehicle he used during his assault on the headquarter before he led dozens of squad cars on a chase that ended along Interstate 45 in Hutchins.

No one was injured by the man, who identified himself as James Boulware, a 50-year-old with a history of family violence.

Dallas police Chief David Brown said Boulware had blamed authorities for his losing custody of his son.

We will continue to keep you updated.


Dallas Police found themselves in an armed standoff early Saturday morning after a group of gunmen reportedly opened fire on police headquarters. One of the gunmen allegedly claimed an officer took his son.

According to Daily Mail:

Automatic weapons blazed out in the Texas city around midnight after an armored van rammed a police car then fled. Officers gave chase down the freeway, and have said they believe multiple gunmen are inside the vehicle. The chase ended in a fast food parking lot in the nearby suburb of Hutchins, where the gunmen and officers exchanged fire again.

Reports say that the standoff was still going on as of 7:30 a.m. this morning. Authorities also stumbled upon two pipe bombs that were surrounding the premises. One went off during an attempt to disarm it.

One of the attackers, identified as James Boulware, lost custody of his son and blames police. He also made threats of blowing up the police station.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

SOURCE: Daily Mail | PHOTO/VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, News Inc. 

Gunman Opens Fire On Dallas Police Headquarters, Explosives Found Nearby  was originally published on

More From HotSpotATL