The View co-host has found herself in hot water again after her comments on the panel’s topic “Are You Judged By Your Name?” went viral. Her remarks caused fans to roast her on social media. She stated:
“I’m very discriminatory against the words like the ones they were saying in those names. I’m not going to hire you if your name is Watermelon-Andrea. It’s just not going to happen. I’m not going to hire you.”
Viewers quickly took to Twitter and Instagram to express their feelings about Ms. Symone’s meme-worthy comments.
Fans compared her own red mohawk to that of a rooster.
They even included Whoopi (who was noticeably shocked at Raven’s comments) in some of the jokes. What do you think about Raven’s comment?
Meanwhile, there’s an actual Watermelondrea out there and she has something to say:
Check out the radio personality/rapper in action below.
SOURCE: IB Times | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Twitter, Splash
1 of 15
1. That Time When She Co-Starred On The Single Most Important Show About Black Families: "The Cosby Show."
2 of 15
2. Actually Black.
3 of 15
3. When She Showed Off Her #TeamNatural Afro. Key Term: Afro.
4 of 15
4. Rapping With Da Brat.
5 of 15
5. That's So Black.
6 of 15
6. Showing Off Her Nikes For The 'Gram…Such A Black Thing To Do.
7 of 15
7. Black Family Portrait.
8 of 15
8. Raven Rockin' A Kufi.
9 of 15
10 of 15
10. Rockin' These Modern-Day Cealie Dooky Plaits.
11 of 15
11. Kufi & A BoomBox.
12 of 15
12. That Time She Created This Beautiful Drawing Of An African Woman.
13 of 15
13. This Whole Outfit Is African Inspired.
14 of 15
14. That Time She Was Walking Around The Streets Of D.C. In A Floor-Length Fur…Looking Like Someone's Black Grandma.
15 of 15
15. Terrible Black Fashion Circa 2003.
Raven-Symone Slammed On Social Media After Admitting She Wouldn’t Hire Someone With Unusual Name was originally published on globalgrind.com