Funkmaster Flex is back at it again with another rant about someone else’s life.
The veteran DJ recently took aim at the late great Tupac Shakur during an Instagram Live session. While discussing the night that Pac was robbed and shot at Quad studios in 1994, Flex says the rapper actually shot himself when he attempted to pull out his gun during the ambush.The Hot 97 DJ, who was reportedly in the building at the time of the shooting, said, “You Pac fans always talking that talk. Cheddar Bob came in there, popped himself in the leg. Popped himself first. That’s what happened.” Cheddar Bob is a reference to a character in 8 Mile — Bob shot himself in the leg.
Flex continued, “He knew who approached him. He had a steel on him, because he knew he had a issue out there, and when get got there, they was just gonna take his jewelry. They didn’t even touch him. He panicked, pulled out the steel, shot himself.”
But this isn’t the first time someone accused the rap legend of shooting himself. Former LAPD investigator Greg Kading told Complex, “In the haste of getting his gun out of his waistband, I believe he pulled the trigger. I think the wounds to his head were superficial lacerations from being pistol whipped. If [his three aggressors] went there to execute him, they could have certainly done that.”
Flex’s accusations comes just weeks after the “who killed Tupac” conspiracy theories started to resurface. Suge Knight recently claimed it was his ex-wife who carried out an attack on a rapper, while other sources are adamant that it a was gang related murder.
Which do you believe?
13 Rare Photos Celebrating The Life Of Tupac Shakur
1. Mouse Man and Tupac, aka Slick D and MC New York. Mouse Man was Tupac’s friend during his teenage years in Baltimore.1 of 13
2. Janet Jackson #HappyBirthday, @JanetJackson.2 of 13
3. "Ya always was a black queen, mama." #HappyMothersDay3 of 13
4. Queen Latifah4 of 13
5. '96 @chicagobulls vs @lakers game5 of 13
6. "That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don’t see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life."6 of 13
7. Black and white.7 of 13
8. Happy Birthday @angiemartinez!8 of 13
9. "Now I clown around when I hang with the Underground."9 of 13
10. "I'm seein' nuttin' but my dreams comin' true, while I'm starin' at the world through my rearview."10 of 13
11. “Our friendship grew because we had so much in common. We were two people just trying to make it. We understood each other’s background. I could gripe with him about things that he understood and the same with him.” -Yoyo In 1993. Tupac was a roadie and dancer for Digital Underground; he met a young pioneering female rapper named Yo-Yo (@yoyofearless) who was just starting out with Ice Cube. Based on their love for rapping, the two became inseparable during the tour.11 of 13
12. Happy Birthday @Mchammer! #HappyBirthdayMcHammer12 of 13
13. 'On the "Yo piano man...rock, rock on." Candid moment of @2Pac on the set of Raw Fusion's "Rockn' to the P.M." You can catch him rocknpiano in the video.13 of 13
Funkmaster Flex Has A Theory On Who Shot Tupac In 1994 was originally published on globalgrind.com