Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
Gone But Not Forgotten: Hugh Hefner Over The Years [PHOTOS]
1. Playboy KingSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Hugh Hefner and BunniesSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. 1975 Playboy Bunny of the Year AwardsSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Hugh Hefner and Doris DaySource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Hugh HefnerSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Playboy Bunny of the Year Awards 1975Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Hugh Hefner and Kimberley ConradSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. 'The Hoppening' Playboy PartySource:Getty 8 of 13
9. Hugh Hefner and Kimberley Conrad at the prmiere of the New Star Wars.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nikki Schieler and Hugh HefnerSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. The Playboy Club Grand Opening at The Palms in Las VegasSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Playboy And Hugh Hefner Host Annual Halloween Party At The Playboy MansionSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. King of the PlayboySource:Getty 13 of 13
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Playboy King was surrounded by his family and friends when it happened, according to TMZ, who noted that the publisher and businessman had been sick for some time now. The news comes a year after his brother Keith died of cancer.
Hefner, who’d worked as a copy writer for Esquire magazine before launching Playboy back in 1953 with Marilyn Monroe as his first cover girl, created a staple adult/men’s mag that would later become a brand that extended to merchandise, reality TV and Playboy mansion parties.
The Playboy entities underwent a series of change, but all moves were calculated. TMZ reports, “Hefner parted ways with the pad in August 2016, selling it to Pabst Blue Ribbon heir Daren Metropoulos for $100 million. But the sale had one condition — Hefner could live in the mansion without the new owner’s meddling until Hefner died … The magazine stopped publishing nude photos in 2016 but went back to them in February of this year after Hugh’s son, Cooper, was installed as chief creative officer.”
Hefner leaves behind a legacy stemmed from his iconic brand. He’s survived by his third wife Crystal Hefner; and four children: Christine, David, Marston and Cooper. Scroll down for a list of other greats we lost this year…
- Iconic Hip Hop Groups Make Their Way Onto ‘Jeopardy’
- Quentin Miller Talks New Music, Childhood & Being Cool With Drake & Pusha T
- Feelings!: When “Boo’d Up“ Has You So Deep In Your Feelings That You Go Viral
- Killa Co-Parenting: Cam’Ron Bought His Son’s Mom A Range Rover As A Graduation Gift
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore