Tattoos don’t have to be forever!
Just ask Mel B who recently took ink removal to a whole other level. The former Spice Girl cut out of a chunk out of one of her tats that spelled out her ex-husband’s name.
According to PEOPLE, the body art was a tribute to Stephen Belafonte, and had the words, “Stephen, till death do us part you own my heart” tattooed down her side. Apparently, she had a surgeon perform the cutting, who finished off the job with 13 stitches.
Brown will now need a laser to minimize the incision scar.
It’s not a secret that Mel and Stephen had a tumultuous marriage. The America’s Got Talent judge claims that over the ten years they were together, she was abused, drugged and forced into a sexual relationship with their nanny.
“I wanted the tattoo removed to help close the final chapter on a toxic relationship,” Brown said.
“Even though I’ve taken the steps to remove Stephen’s name from my body, the domestic abuse will forever remain with me.”
A judge finalized their divorce on December 15 some 8 months after Mel B filed the papers. The two will share custody of their 6-year-old daughter Madison and split the profits from the sale of their Los Angeles home.
We hope now that Mel can finally feel free of that man!
Celebrity Ink: Tattooed Lovers
1. Apryl Jones and OmarionSource: 1 of 18
2. Kylie and TygaSource: 2 of 18
3. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar OdomSource: 3 of 18
4. LaShontae Heckard and Brandon JenningsSource: 4 of 18
5. Bobbi Kristina and Nick GordonSource: 5 of 18
6. Eddie Murphy and Melanie BrownSource: 6 of 18
7. Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina JolieSource: 7 of 18
8. Keyshia Cole and Daniel ‘Boobie’ GibsonSource: 8 of 18
9. Heidi Klum and SealSource: 9 of 18
10. Tony Parker and Eva LongoriaSource: 10 of 18
11. Nas and KelisSource: 11 of 18
12. Chris Brown and RihannaSource: 12 of 18
13. Janet Jackson and Jermaine DupreeSource: 13 of 18
14. Jay Z and BeyonceSource: 14 of 18
15. Kenyon Martin and TrinaSource: 15 of 18
16. Nick Cannon and Mariah CareySource: 16 of 18
17. Lauren London and WayneSource: 17 of 18
18. Wiz Kalfah and Amber RoseSource: 18 of 18
Mel B Cuts Her Ex-Husband’s Name From Her Body In Extreme Tattoo Removal was originally published on hellobeautiful.com