Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Ava DuVernay Is Searching For The Next Visionary Filmmaker
- The Season 1 Of ‘Appropriate Culture’ Is Live!
- Question Of The Day: Where Does Cereal Go In Your Kitchen?
- Watch: Ciara’s Son Learning Spanish Es Muy, Muy Lindo
- Kim Kardashian Just Announced The Name Of Her New Baby Girl
- Rapper Chris Classic Puts H&M On Blast With New Track ‘Coolest Monkey In The Jungle’
- Jada Pinkett Smith, Her Mother And Daughter Willow Are Getting Their Own Facebook Talk Show
- How Ja Rule Views His History Of Beef With 50 Cent Vs. How 50 Sees It
- Mo’Nique Calls For Boycott Of Netflix
- How Marchesa Profited Off Power And Missed The Mark By Not Supporting The #MeToo Movement