Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Secure The Bag Text & Win
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Eddie Recruits Anika For His Shady Plot To Steal Empire
- So Dope: This Teen May Have Pulled Off The Best Promposal Of The Year
- Mother-Daughter Team Creates #Beychella Doll!
- Michael Jordan Has Been Sending Hundreds Of Kids To College With His Scholarship Program
- He Warned Us: J. Cole’s Shady Bars About Kanye West Never Rang More True Than They Do Now
- The Accessory That Made Everyone Go In On Special K [EXCLUSIVE]
- Da Brat Gives Rickey Smiley A Back Scratch So Good It Inspires Him To Write A Poem [EXCLUSIVE]
- The Gemini Chronicles: 24 Hours Of Kanye West Tweets Had Our Emotions Doing The Bounce
- Young Dro is Gearing Up for Another Summertime Hit