“Get Out” was one of the highest grossing films last year. The film was nominated in several award shows including the Golden Globes and Oscars. The star of the movie, Daniel Kaluuya, stopped by “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” to talk about the movie and how his life has changed.
According to Complex, Kaluuya said about the movie, “I feel like what Jordan articulated through his voice, his African American voice and African American perspective, he tapped into a universal black truth navigating the Western world. Where like, white people say some really weird stuff to you. White people say weird stuff. White people say weird things.” He mentioned that White people will say weird things to him like, “I saw “Get Out” three times.
Kaluuya also shared one of the most surreal moments he experienced at the Golden Globes. Denzel Washington approached him and he couldn’t believe he knew him, then Washington introduced him to Oprah. He told Colbert, “I hugged Oprah. I’m basically bulletproof . . . My credit’s great now.”
- Toni Braxton Confirms Engagement To Birdman
- Say My Name, Say My Name: Woman Wants $10 Million From Beyoncé For “Blue Ivy” Trademark
- The King Has Spoken: LeBron Will Never Stay Silent On Social Issues Because Of This One Reason
- Michelle Obama & Other Celebs Give Final Verdict On ‘Black Panther’
- Folks Are Heated Over Blac Chyna’s NSFW Vid, But Not For Reason You Might Think
- EXCLUSIVE | Lil Xan Can’t Tie His Shoes! And Other Little Known Facts [VIDEO]
- LeBron Won MVP, But The Real Winner At The All Star Game Was N.E.R.D’s “Lemon” Dancer, Mette Towley
- Sex Clip Of Blac Chyna Leaks & She’s Going To The Police
- Ayyye! Cardi B’s Diva Dance Is All Of Us When ‘Bartier Cardi’ Comes On
- WWYD? When The Wifi Goes Down That Means It’s Time To Get Creative