Social media continues to get people into a lot of trouble. University of Alabama student, Harley Barber, will no longer be enrolled at the university after racist social media videos surfaced. According to Okay Player, she posted videos on Instagram on Martin Luther King Day and a lot of people found out about it.
Barber said, “I love how I act like I love black people because I f**king hate ni**ers, so that’s really interesting. I f**king hate ni**ers, but I just saved the f**king ni**ers by shutting that water off.” The university investigated it and President Stuart Bell released a statement that was shared on social media.
He said, “In light of the racist and disturbing videos posted by one of our students on social media, I want to express my personal disgust and disappointment. Like many of you, I find the videos highly offensive and deeply hurtful, not only to our students and our entire University community, but to everyone who viewed them. The actions of this student do not represent the larger student body or the values of our University, and she is no longer enrolled here.” Barber apologized and said, “I did something really, really bad. I don’t know what to do and I feel horrible. I’m wrong and there’s just no excuse for what I did.”
- So Dope: This Teen May Have Pulled Off The Best Promposal Of The Year
- Michael Jordan Has Been Sending Hundreds Of Kids To College With His Scholarship Program
- He Warned Us: J. Cole’s Shady Bars About Kanye West Never Rang More True Than They Do Now
- The Gemini Chronicles: 24 Hours Of Kanye West Tweets Had Our Emotions Doing The Bounce
- Young Dro is Gearing Up for Another Summertime Hit
- Magical: Chris & Jada Paul Give One Hurricane-Hit High School A Prom To Remember
- The Cece Show: Watch This Little Girl Impersonate All Your Craziest BFFs
- Gangsta: This Goose Went Feather-Weight Killa On One Unlucky Golf Player
- HIV in our Youth is a problem! How Do We Fix It #ReecQOTD
- Beyoncé Mass Is In Session: Church Plans A Big Service Around Queen Bey