Polio has been very present in Nigeria and has plagued the people living there for quite some time. According to VIBE, the country has a debt to pay to Japan for the disease’s vaccinations. Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are expected to pay off the $76 million debt to Japan over the next 20 years.
The payment will be made through their Gates Foundation. Reports state that Nigeria accounted for half of the world’s polio cases. In a tweet, Bill talked about how in 1988 there were 350,000 cases and last year just 21. Cases of polio are still found in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Calling All Our NYC Naturalistas: Join Us At The Tresses And Dresses Bridal Soireé
- Take The Music Survey To Win Travis Scott Tix, Plus $250
- Security Guard Shoots Man Attempting To Break Into Fox 5 DC
- No Chill: Brother Nature’s Foul Unearthed Tweets Spark Hilarious Memes
- ‘Luke Cage’ Might Get A Second Chance After Being Cancelled [EXCLUSIVE]
- “Halloween” Has A Record Breaking Weekend Box Office Outcome
- Keyshia Cole Threatens To Fight Another Woman Over Her New Boyfriend [EXCLUSIVE]
- A High School Football Team Takes A Knee To Take A Stand
- Benefits Of Having Multiple Accounts At Different Banks [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- From IG to TV – @YesImPrettyVee Live wit Reec #ReecQOTD
Bill And Melinda Gates To Pay Off Nigeria’s $76 Million Debt was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com