Polio has been very present in Nigeria and has plagued the people living there for quite some time. According to VIBE, the country has a debt to pay to Japan for the disease’s vaccinations. Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are expected to pay off the $76 million debt to Japan over the next 20 years.
The payment will be made through their Gates Foundation. Reports state that Nigeria accounted for half of the world’s polio cases. In a tweet, Bill talked about how in 1988 there were 350,000 cases and last year just 21. Cases of polio are still found in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- ATL’s Own: DJ Spinz Provides The Vibes In ‘Ride Vibes 3’ (Playlist)
- All Eyez On Weed: Marijuana Artist Brings Tupac To Life In His New Piece
- The Whites Are Frying Marijuana Leaves And Eating Them
- The ‘Anita Baker Was Rude’ Support Group Adds A New Member
- We Finally Know Where The Lost Sock In The Dryer Goes
- Ben Carson Protested By Hurricane Harvey Survivors — As He Should Be
- Tamar Braxton & K. Michelle Reignite Their Feud
- 8 Signs You’re Really Stressed TF Out
- Janelle Monáe Stops By The Hot 107.5 Studios [VIDEO]
- Swedish DJ Avicii Dead At 28: 5 Things To Know About The Star