Polio has been very present in Nigeria and has plagued the people living there for quite some time. According to VIBE, the country has a debt to pay to Japan for the disease’s vaccinations. Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are expected to pay off the $76 million debt to Japan over the next 20 years.
The payment will be made through their Gates Foundation. Reports state that Nigeria accounted for half of the world’s polio cases. In a tweet, Bill talked about how in 1988 there were 350,000 cases and last year just 21. Cases of polio are still found in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Jussie Smollett Turns Himself In Over Disorderly Conduct Charge
- “Leaving Neverland” Director Speaks On Graphic Content & Michael Jackson’s Death
- Black History Month 2019: Aretha Franklin
- Boogie ft. Eminem “Rainy Days,” Ari Lennox ft. J. Cole “Shea Butter Baby” & More | Daily Visuals 2.20.19
- Misinformation Warfare Against Democratic Candidates For President Begin, Again
- RED CARPET RUNDOWN: 2019 Brit Awards
- Chicago PD Charge Jussie Smollett With Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Barack Obama Spent His Presidents’ Day With John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, And Ayesha & Stephen Curry [Photos]
- Burberry Apologizes For “Noose Hoodie” Showcased At London Fashion Week
- Update: Jussie Smollett Charged With Filing a False Police Report, Facing Jail Time
Bill And Melinda Gates To Pay Off Nigeria’s $76 Million Debt was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com