The Harlem Shake is a popular dance that went viral years ago. According to VIBE, the co-creator of the dance, Jesse “Smiley” Rutland was murdered. He was shot in his Brooklyn home and his children were in the apartment during this incident.
Rutland was apart of the Crazy Boyz Dance Crew that helped put life behind the famous dance again in the early 2000’s. Fans of the dance watched it in music videos for Chris Brown, Eve and Diddy. To many that love The Harlem Shake, they say, “It’s not a dance, it’s a movement.”
Rutland made a statement about the dance in 2013 saying, “We’re just using whatever recognition we have to reach the youth so they can feel bigger than themselves and think, ‘I am somebody.” The group made an announcement about Rutland and mentioned his 6-year-old son tried to revive him. Police arrested the suspect, Kumar Reid. He was charged with second-degree murder as well as weapons possession.
- 26 Women React To Faith Evans Admitting She Ate Biggie’s Booty
- Four Men Are Indicted For The Murder Of XXXTentacion
- Watch: Wiz Khalifa And Swae Lee Perform “Hopeless Romantic” On ‘The Tonight Show’
- According To Kid Cudi, More Collab Albums With Kanye West Are In The Works
- Do You Remember?: Twista “Slow Jamz” Feat. Jamie Foxx & Kanye West [VIDEO]
- Register To Win Tix To The MLS-All Star Concert ft. 2 Chainz & Cheat Codes
- Stahhhp! Trevor Noah Accused Of Racism After Saying ‘Africa Won The World Cup’
- 2 Chainz Wants To Save His Pink Trap House From Demolition, Compares It To The Statue Of Liberty
- Why Jay-Z Is Not Feeing The Mayor Of Philadelphia [EXCLUSIVE]
- Karlie Redd Got Engaged, But Not To Who You Think