The Harlem Shake is a popular dance that went viral years ago. According to VIBE, the co-creator of the dance, Jesse “Smiley” Rutland was murdered. He was shot in his Brooklyn home and his children were in the apartment during this incident.
Rutland was apart of the Crazy Boyz Dance Crew that helped put life behind the famous dance again in the early 2000’s. Fans of the dance watched it in music videos for Chris Brown, Eve and Diddy. To many that love The Harlem Shake, they say, “It’s not a dance, it’s a movement.”
Rutland made a statement about the dance in 2013 saying, “We’re just using whatever recognition we have to reach the youth so they can feel bigger than themselves and think, ‘I am somebody.” The group made an announcement about Rutland and mentioned his 6-year-old son tried to revive him. Police arrested the suspect, Kumar Reid. He was charged with second-degree murder as well as weapons possession.
- Keith Ellison’s Political Opponents Are Trying Every Trick In The Book To Beat Him
- La La And Carmelo Anthony Back Together? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Leah’s Lemonade: Cardi B “I Want To Protect My Baby’s Identity Until I’m ready”
- Leah’s Lemonade: Ella Mai Opens Up About “Trip” Remix Controversy
- Stacey Abrams On Steady Grind Rallying Against Voter Suppression Ahead Of Midterms
- “The Nanny” Reboot With Cardi B? [VIDEO]
- LMAO: Flaky Weather Has NY’ers Hella Confused & More Irritable Than Usual
- Pusha T Says He Found Out About Drake’s Son Because Of Noah “40” Shebib
- Here’s The Real Reason Why A Black Female Lawmaker Left Office In Vermont
- Black Poetry Day: 5 Dope Poets You Should Follow On Instagram — ASAP