A La Mesa police officer is now under fire after slamming a handcuffed high school student to the ground. According to the LA Times, many want this officer removed from his duties and pay for what he did to the student. The 30-second video that has gone viral on social media has made many want to protest.
The 17-year-old student was suspended and allegedly refused to leave the school. The chief said, “As they were walking, the student became non-compliant on two separate occasions and made an attempt to free herself by pulling away from the officer. To prevent the student from escaping, the officer forced the student to the ground.”
People are outraged because she was handcuffed and believed it wasn’t necessary to slam her to the ground. Aeiramique Blake, who is speaking for the teenager said, “No matter what was done or not done, that was not the appropriate way to handle a young lady. The community is completely outraged.” The incident is being investigated and we will keep you posted on what happens.
- Little old lady steals cats to make and sell bootleg fur coats? Would you tell on your granny if she did this? #ReecQOTD
- HAUTE OR NAUGHT: Yara Shahidi Shows Off Her Abs At The Power Stylists Dinner
- The 6ix Is Here To Stay: Meet Pressa
- JOSE GUAPO: Lingo 2, Rich Kidz Reunion, Cash Pronto With Offset And More
- Bobby V Under Investigation In Georgia Rape Case
- Mya Talks About The Alleged Drama During The “Lady Marmalade” Video [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- #BlackGirlMagic! Trinidad and Tobago Swears In First Female President
- He Tried It! White Writer Blames ‘Black Panther’s’ Success For Ruining Other Movies
- Queen Latifah’s Mother Passes Away
- The Weinstein Company Owes Malia Obama Money For Internship