Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- 5 National Anthem Performances As Bad (Or Worse) Than Fergie’s
- Another State Wants To Ban Saggy Pants And Twitter Can’t Deal
- 10 Hysterical Gifs Of Tituss Burgess That Every 20-Something Can Relate To
- Natalie Portman And Oscar Isaacs Bring Us Behind The Scenes Of Annihilation On Extra Butter
- 7 Skits That Show Jordan Peele Was Thinking About Race Way Before ‘Get Out’
- Watch: Beware ‘Black Panther’ Clapbacks If You’re A White Face In A Black Space
- UberEats Driver Denied Bond In Fatal Shooting Of Morehouse Graduate
- LOL! Millennials Would Still Dominate The Olympics If These Were Real Events
- HAUTE OR NAUGHT: Kerry Washington Looks Like A Floral Fantasy In Dolce And Gabbana
- Help Out A FREE After School Arts Program for Inner City ATL!