“Black Panther” comes out in theaters soon and it looks like people are trying to cause controversy around the movie already. According to The Root, a Facebook group, “Down-With-Disneys-Treatment-of-Franchises-and-its-Fanboys” was recently deactivated after they were trying to give the film a bad review on Rotten Tomatoes. The group created an event last week and began stirring up negative reviews.
The event was called “Give Black Panther a Rotten Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes.” Over 3,700 people participated and tried to give the film bad scores as well as write negative comments. After this happened Rotton Tomatoes immediately issued a statement.
They said, “We at Rotten Tomatoes are proud to have become a platform for passionate fans to debate and discuss entertainment and we take that responsibility seriously. While we respect our fans’ diverse opinions, we do not condone hate speech. Our team of security, network and social experts continue to closely monitor our platforms and any users who engage in such activities will be blocked from our site and their comments removed as quickly as possible.” “Black Panther” is expected to be one of Marvel’s highest grossing films.
- Jay Z & Beyonce Gear Up For World Tour; Tisha Campbell Files Divorce
- Tupac or Biggie? with Unsolved’s Marcc Rose and Wavvy Jones [EXCLUSIVE]
- See who is hiring in the metro Atlanta!
- Happy Birthday W.E.B. DuBois
- Rep. John Lewis To Be Honored At Civil Rights Museum
- Tisha Campbell-Martin Files For Divorce From Duane Martin
- Prank Call: Man Curses Out Car Dealership That Accuses Him Of Tampering With Car [EXCLUSIVE]
- Damn Gina: Tisha Campbell-Martin Files For Divorce And The Internet Reacts
- #TBT: When Your Favorite Girl Groups Appeared On Your Favorite Sitcoms
- Kylie Jenner’s Tweet About Not Using Snapchat Singlehandedly Made Their Stock Plummet