Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Praise Mix Tribute Dedicated To Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE]
- On The Run 2’s Best Viral Moments (Beyoncé & Jay-Z Break The Internet)
- Ariana Grande Spotted Snatching Wigs In NYC, Plus Her Heartbreaking Aretha Franklin Tribute
- Fasscoupe Drops “Money Power Respect” Produced By Quay Global Official Music Video
- Watch Young Thug’s “Gain Clout” Official Music Video [Slime Language]
- Young Nudy On Trap Rapper’s, Real Rappers, Fake Rappers & Everything In Between
- Trump Was Begging To Get Aretha Franklin To Perform At His Inauguration And Her Reported Reaction Was Priceless
- Young Thug Drops ‘Slime Language’ Compilation Project
- Rick Ross & Omelly “Gummo,” Lil Yachty ft. Trippie Redd “66” & More | Daily Visuals 8.16.18
- Da Brat Talks About How Wendy Williams Scared Her [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]