Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- The Ciroc Apple VIP Sweepstakes at Club Opium
- Remy Ma’s Little Sister Allegedly Shoots Up Car And Runs Over Bleeding Victim
- Russell Simmons Surfaces In Bali
- Wendy Williams Announces Three-Week Break From Talk Show
- In Wake Of Florida Shooting, Oprah Donates $500,000 To Anti-Gun Violence March
- Ex-NFL Player Rae Carruth Tries To Make Amends With Son For The Role He Played In The Death Of His Mother
- Will Tyler Perry Make “Wakandian Family Reunion”? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Are The Benefits To Having A Sister Wife? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 5 National Anthem Performances As Bad (Or Worse) Than Fergie’s
- Another State Wants To Ban Saggy Pants And Twitter Can’t Deal