Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Leah’s Lemonade: Rihanna is Suing Her Dad Over “Fenty” Trademark
- 5 Realizations When You Learn An Egg Is The Most Liked Pic On Instagram EVER
- Rihanna Suing Her Dad, Kanye’s Cousin Stealing His Laptop, & More Celebs Who’ve Been Through Some Ugly Family Feuds
- Trending Topics: New Record Deal Could Get Mystikal Out Of Jail, Woman Arrested For Drinking Wine From Pringles Can & More
- Twitter Debates Cleopatra’s Ancestry As Lady Gaga & Angelina Jolie Reportedly Compete To Play The Queen
- Gary’s Tea: Mary J. Blige Is Breathtaking In Birthday Bikini Photos, Diddy Is Done With Cassie & More
- Rapper Gets $250K Auto Tune Implant In His Arm
- Netflix Raising Its Prices…Again
- Alicia Keys To Host The 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards [VIDEO]
- Kanye West Donates $10 Million To Fund Extinct Volcano Art Project