Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- DAMN The Podcast Ep3: Damn Those Black Movies
- You Mad Donnie? Court Rules That Trump Can’t Block People On Twitter
- Petty Patrol: 8 Of The Most Outrageous & Ridiculous NFL Fines Of All Time
- Flex Zone: Will Smith Returns To Rap With A Boss Freestyle
- New NFL Rules Prove Freedom Of Speech Is Great Until It Becomes Unpatriotic
- These Funny Yearbook Quotes Call Out White America, Inadequate Teachers & More
- T.I & Tiny Update Their Divorce Proceedings
- Should you marry the rebound? Question of the day LIVE with Reec Swiney #ReecQOTD
- Would you continue going to a church if your pastor married a man? Question of the day LIVE with Reec Swiney #ReecQOTD
- Hot 107.9’s REEC featured in Charitable Celebrity Game!