Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- From Homeless to Hollywood: Viral Artist Richard Hutchins Dreams Come True In One Miraculous Night
- Keyshia Cole Breaks Silence On Mother’s Death In Heartfelt Message
- Kim Kardashian attended Kanye West’s DONDA livestream event
- Jadakiss & Styles P Make Fun Of Jim Jones’ Weatherman Skit [Video]
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals To Tyra Banks She Hid Her Dreams of Becoming A Rapper From Her Mom
- Watch: Luxury Fashion Brand Hanifa Pays Homage To The Office In Sample Sale Promotional Video
- Bhad Bhabie Loud & Wrongly Beefs With Lil Yachty About Cultural Appropriation
- 5 Fly Summer Slides That Are Cute And Comfortable
- 50 Cent & Cast Talk About New York’s Nostalgia At The “Power Book III: Raising Kanan” Premiere Event
- ‘I May Destroy You’ Star Michaela Coel Cast In Secret Role For ‘Black Panther 2’