Rickey Smiley played Jonathan McReynolds‘ “Lovin’Me” and the song is so powerful. The lyrics talk about being broken as he grew up and God always being by his side. Sometimes we are faced with challenges and feel like less of a person, but God wants us to know that no matter what we are special.
Jonathan also spoke about looking in the mirror and how when God loves you there is no falling low. Pastor Haynes called in and the song inspired him and said, “When others are throwing shade, God’s love will give you shine.” Sometimes people don’t want to see you thrive and rather put you down, but God’s got our back.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Daniel Caesar Apologizes For Drunken Diarrhea Of The Mouth
- Yas Kween: 15 Times Lupita Nyong’o Looked Like A Real Life Barbie Doll
- Register To Win Tickets To HOT 107.9 Presents Summer Walker
- Weekend Box-Office: ‘Us’ Shatters Opening Weekend Records | #UsMovie
- Homeless 8-Year-Old New York State Chess Champion Finds A Home
- Jay-Z’s ‘The Blueprint’ Album Inducted Into Library Of Congress
- Dr. Dre’s Daughter Accepted To USC, With No Jail Time
- Disrupt Harlem Code Squad Shows The Power Of Culturally Competent Tech Programs
- #BlackGirlMagic: 16-Year-Old Accepted Into 9 Law Schools
- Scholarship Created To Honor Legacy Of ER Doctor Killed In Chicago