Rickey Smiley played Jonathan McReynolds‘ “Lovin’Me” and the song is so powerful. The lyrics talk about being broken as he grew up and God always being by his side. Sometimes we are faced with challenges and feel like less of a person, but God wants us to know that no matter what we are special.
Jonathan also spoke about looking in the mirror and how when God loves you there is no falling low. Pastor Haynes called in and the song inspired him and said, “When others are throwing shade, God’s love will give you shine.” Sometimes people don’t want to see you thrive and rather put you down, but God’s got our back.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Kodak Black Claims Marshalls Violated His Rights By Releasing Perp Photo To Press
- Amber Rose Expresses Solidarity With Movements For Change, Declares She’s “Pro Black,” “Pro LGBTQ,” & “Pro Hoe”
- For Your Listening Pleasure: Jay-Z Shares ‘Songs for Survival 2’ Playlist
- Da Brat Worried That Coming Out Would Cause Her Late Grandmother To Be Judged By Church Members
- Lauren London Is Already Educating Her Sons About How To Deal With Police [VIDEO]
- Central Park Karen AKA Amy Cooper Gets Her Dog Back
- Father Slams Knee-On-Neck Arrest Of His Son As Video Is Compared To George Floyd
- Kanye West Donates $2M To Families Of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & George Floyd
- News You Can’t Use: Things Only Black Mamas Say [WATCH]
- Killer Mike Discusses Ways To Combat Systemic Racism [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]