The BIG 10 has officially voted to cancel the 2020 football season for the conference due to concerns of COVID-19. The Detroit Free Press broke the news that The presidents voted ended with a, 12-2, Sunday putting a stop the 2020 season. The only two schools in the conference that voted in favor of having the season were Iowa and Nebraska.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
This decision came only two days after the Mid-American Conference announced the cancelation of their season. The Big 10 is the first of the Power Five conference to make this unprecedented move.
According to ESPN, the Big Ten presidents were ready to cancel the conference’s fall sports season but wanted to see what the other conference at the Power Five level were planning and if they would do the same.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
- Big Sean Breaks Down How He Overcame Depression and Anxiety
- Gary’s Tea: Is Cardi B. Faking Her Divorce For Her New Album? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Today Is National Black Voter Day [WATCH]
- GGPremiere: Note Marcato Unleashes His New Music Video For “Rafiki” [VIDEO]
- Boosie BadAzz Says He’s Suing Instagram
- Black Soprano Family Talk Teaming Up With DJ Drama &Don Cannon For Gangsta Grillz Project
- Dame Dash: Im Not Supposed To Tell Kanye’s Business But…., I Was At Michael Jackson’s House And…
- Here’s What NeNe Leakes Had To Say About Not Returning To Real Housewives Of Atlanta
- Nene Leakes Reveals She Won’t Return To ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’ For Season 13
Big 10 Cancels 2020 Football Season Due to COVID-19 Concerns was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com