Backing and creating ownership in African American and brown communities is vital in a post-Trump era where racism and classism continue to divide America.
Not only does supporting black-owned businesses strengthen local economies, but it also aids in closing the racial wealth gap.
But let’s face it! It takes a lot of hard work to start a business.
That’s why we sat down with Black and Mobile owner, David Cabello to get the ins and outs on how he and his twin brother Aaron started the first-ever black food delivery service.
The two brothers launched their business in 2017 after dropping out of college.
It’s been only four years since they both took the leap of faith and
they’ve already expanded to four major cities, while also snagging a cameo in Jayz and Pharrell’s video Entrepreneurs.
Check out 25-year-old David spill the tea on the keys to starting a business, creating an app, appearing in Jayz & Pharrell Video, and more.
The Best Black Friday Beauty Deals From Black Owned Businesses
1. MENTED COSMETICSSource:Courtesy of Mented Cosmetics 1 of 13
2. JUVIA'S PLACESource:Courtesy of Juvia's Place 2 of 13
3. BOMBA CURLS FORBIDDEN OILSource:Courtesy of Bomba Curls 3 of 13
4. THE LIP BARSource:Courtesy of The Lip Bar 4 of 13
5. BLK/OPLSource:Courtesy of BlackOpalBeauty.com 5 of 13
6. PEAR NOVASource:Courtesy of Danielle James 6 of 13
7. OYIN HANDMADESource:Courtesy of Oyin Handmade 7 of 13
8. URBAN HYDRATIONSource:Courtesy of Urban Hydration 8 of 13
9. EDEN BODY WORKS9 of 13
10. LOZA TAMSource:Courtesy of Loza Tam 10 of 13
11. CAMARA AUNIQUE LASHESSource:Courtesy of Camara Aunique 11 of 13
12. MAYVENN HAIRSource:Courtesy of Mayvenn 12 of 13
13. UOMA BEAUTYSource:UOMA Beauty 13 of 13