Singer Ashanti has landed a new gig in Hollywood on Lifetime’s hit drama “Army Wives.”
Ashanti is making big moves in Hollywood having landed a series regular role on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.” Ashanti, who’s been taking on acting roles since her 2002 appearance on “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” will play Latasha Durant on the Lifetime series. Her character is described as “an optimistic mother of three, a sexy, fun woman who knows how to keep a husband – and how to keep him in line”
Ashanti isn’t the only new addition to “Army Wives” as the series has also hired Torrey DeVitto and Elle McLemore as regulars. The show starts filming Season 7 in mid-December in Charleston, South Carolina.
Not sure how Ashanti’s going to mesh with the rest of the very talented cast. Apparently, a few of the roles are now going to recurring status with one of the lead roles, Kim Delaney, leaving the show entirely. So now’s Ashanti’s chance to make a name for herself on tv….Best Wishes to her. What are your thoughts? Will you be watching?
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Ashanti Lands Leading Role On Lifetime’s “Army Wives”
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.