Geno Smith Finally Discusses Infamous Punch One Year Later
Smith is a free agent after the 2015-16 season and will probably be released by the Jets. But he's not worried because other quarterbacks have been down on their luck and then suddenly rise to the occasion.
Smith was socked by IK Enemkpali, a former teammate, reportedly over money. Enemkpali was promptly dropped by the New York Jets (and later picked up by the Buffalo Bills), and Smith’s career trajectory had suddenly changed. He went from being lauded in training camp, to having his jaw wired shut, and back-up quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Jets to a 10-6 season. Suddenly, all the attention the 25-year-old had earned was shifted to Fitzpatrick.
“Every day I’m pissed off until I get my job back,” he said. “Until I’m a starting quarterback, I’m pissed off every day. That’s my mentality, that’s my competitive nature. I want to win so badly, deep inside of me. I’m not pissed off at anyone, but I do believe I’m a starting quarterback in this league, and I believe I can do great things.”
Smith is a free agent after the 2015-16 season and will probably be released by the Jets. But he’s not worried because other quarterbacks have been down on their luck and then suddenly rise to the occasion.
“If you look at the history of great quarterbacks, from Joe Montana being picked late to Tom Brady being picked late to Steve Young and what he faced in his early years to Kurt Warner … I mean, all those guys — Troy Aikman — struggled in the beginning,” Smith said. “But somehow, they continued to press on and got better.”
Read the rest of Cimini’s in-depth piece on Geno Smith here.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Geno Smith Finally Discusses Infamous Punch One Year Later
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.