With the overabundance of bad news circulating these days, it’s quite nice to hear something good and truly heart-warming. Fresh off of his NBA Championship win, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James gave back to the city of Ohio in such a fun-filled way.
When word gets out that a celebrity is doing something positive and from the heart, some like to undermine the good deed as merely a publicity stunt. However, few would find reason to criticize LeBron James making thousands of Ohio students and their parents very happy for a good cause.
Essence magazine has all the details of LeBron’s efforts to turn a regular summer for Ohio children into to one that they absolutely will never forget.
Just because basketball season is over doesn’t mean LeBron James is hibernating until winter! In fact, the newly-resigned $100 million basketball player was out and about in Akron, Ohio yesterday treating 5,000 students and their families to a day at Cedar Point amusement park, “the rollercoaster capital of the world.”
The Cleveland Cavaliers power forward gifted the kids – who are a part James’ Wheels for Education and the Akron I Promise Network – and their families with a fun-filled day of rides, and screams to match, as part of the LeBron James Family Foundation’s We Are Family Reunion.
Just imagine how happy those children and their parents were to find out that they would be spending the day with one of the biggest stars in all of sports. Stories like this that embody kindness and charitable acts are what we need more of.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading LeBron James Shows Love, Takes 5,000 Ohio Students And Their Families To Amusement Park
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.