Forty days have passed since unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by self-appointed neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, who still has not been arrested.
As part of the continued effort to obtain justice for Trayvon, rappers Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) M-1 of dead prez and MikeFlo are recording a tribute song in his honor.
“You have to respond, it’s in your own self-interest, it’s not even outstanding or courageous,” says Bey. “It’s a survival issue. Either we’re going to fix this or we’re gonna agree to be slaves. And that don’t honor the legacy of everybody that came before us. When it’s time to promote a project and stunt…cats are there in their best and brightest…and early. If this ain’t a priority, what is?”
The three MCs are voicing their outrage over Nas’ “Made You Look” instrumental for the song called “Made You Die.” Watch behind the scenes footage of the recording process in the clip below.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Mos Def, dead prez & MikeFlo Recording Trayvon Martin Tribute “Made You Die” [VIDEO]
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.