Lena Dunham is super salty that she was passed up by one of the most desirable hotties in the NFL.
The Girls star sat next to Odell Beckham, Jr at the Met Gala in May and recounted the story on her blog, claiming that she was ‘not the shape of a woman by his standards.’ Talking to Amy Schumer, who she was interviewing for her Lenny Letters series, Dunham, who was wearing a tuxedo that night, said the sports star sat at her table and paid the actress zero attention the whole night.
“Do I want to f*** it? Is it wearing a… yep, it’s wearing a tuxedo. I’m going to go back to my cell phone,” Lena says of the encounter. “It was like we were forced to be together, and he literally was scrolling Instagram rather than have to look at a woman in a bow tie.”
A Twitter firestorm quickly ensued in OBJ’s defense, with many folks calling the actress and avid feminist a hypocrite. “If you pay attention to Lena Dunham you’re sexualizing her. If you don’t pay attention you’re shallow and ignoring her,” wrote one twitter user @MatthewKick. “Lena Dunham is the epitome of hypocritical sexism. She conjures up dialogues stemming from her own insecurities to put OBJ on blast. Sad,” wrote @michael_boswell.
Dunham, however, insists that it was all jokes. “My story about him was clearly (to me) about my own insecurities as an average-bodied woman at a table of supermodels & athletes,” the 30-year-old actress tweeted on Friday.
.@OBJ_3 is talented, stylish, seems super awesome and wasn't into chatting with me at a fancy party.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading U Mad? Lena Dunham Is Pissed That Odell Beckham Jr. Didn’t Try To Hit It
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.